Lavinia - Toockies Scrubber - SingleRegular price £6.25 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
The Lavinia Toockies scrubbers are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge or plastic scourer. They are also non abrasive and non scratching. Typically you use them on pots, pans and sinks. However, you can also use them in your bathroom or even to clean your vegetables. Besides, by using the Lavinia scrubbers you are supporting the Toockies fairtrade project and therefore Indian women.
Lavinia Toockies scrubbers
- pack of 1 cotton OR jute scrubber
- GOTS certified organic cotton and natural jute plant fibers.
- plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge/scourer.
- non abrasive and non scratching.
- use on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and biodegradeable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals
- Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and sustainable from cradle to cradle.
- Size: APPROX 19 x 19 CM
All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified.
The women who participate in this project are taught how to knit at a local community center, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free health check-up. By purchasing these products you are supporting these women by giving them a chance to have dreams that they would otherwise not have.
- Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”