Terms & Conditions
What info might you collect about me?
When you browse our site, we collect:
- geographical information e.g. whether you're in the UK
- technical information e.g. whether you're browsing on an Apple computer or Android mobile phone
- search information i.e. what search term you used to find our site
- your contact email, IF you have chosen to opt into our email newsletter
- your answers to surveys, IF you have chosen to opt into receiving surveys
- your contact information IF you have entered one of our competitions
- details of which products you looked at for remarketing
When you make a purchase, we collect:
- contact information e.g. name, address, telephone number, email
- purchase information e.g. what you bought, method of payment
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. It allows us to recognise and tailor our site to you and it won’t harm your computer.
- session cookie - stores information such as which page of our site you visited first
- visit cookie - used to record the number of visits to our site in general, and how many visits you make personally - so we know whether you're a returning customer
- cart cookie - remembers what you've added to your cart
- security cookie - ensures that when you enter the secure payment area of the site, nobody else can access your info
- account cookie - if you've created an account, this cookie remembers you so that you don't have to keep logging in
- analytics cookie - records info such as the search term you used to find our site
- social sharing cookies - allows you to do things such as 'Like' a product on Facebook without having to log in separately
- advertising cookie - records when you've clicked on one of our ads
- remarketing cookie - remembers which products you looked at and may use this info to target our adverts when you see them on Google and other websites
When do I consent to this?
When you complete a sale, sign up for a newsletter, create an account or opt in to surveys we imply that you consent to our collecting that information. For marketing contact such as email or Facebook, we will only contact you if you have expressly opted in or chosen to follow us.
What do you do with my personal information?
We will use it to:
- answer emails and requests for products, services or information
- fulfill and deliver orders
- process returns
- detect fraud and error
- set up and manage your account with us
- tailor our website and content to you based on your preferences, technical set-up and demographics (e.g. showing you the iPad version of the website)
- marketing our products, events, offers and services - only if you have opted into this
- conduct research and analysis
- improve our business, for example making improvements suggested by customer feedback
What do I do if I want you to delete all my information?
Just let us know by email or post and we will remove all non-essential info (we need to keep details of sales in case of returns or recalls).
Are you going to send me loads of emails now that you have my contact details?
If you've chosen not to receive emails from us, the only ones we'll send are to notify you about what's happening with your order. You'll get one to confirm your order and one to let you know when it's been dispatched.
If you have chosen to receive emails, we'll send you one every month or so - it's worth getting as we'll tell you about giveaways, cool new stuff, interesting blog posts and useful info.
How can I unsubscribe?
You can always easily opt out by following the link on the foot of the email.
What about if I join your survey group?
Yay! We love it when people take our surveys. They're quick, easy and good fun, plus you get to find out about the results. We won't bombard you, either - they're only every 2-3 weeks and you can complete as many or as few as you fancy.
Who else sees my information?
- Shopify (our website builder - they store all our data securely for us)
- Google (our analytics program will look at your geographical location, search term used etc)
- Service providers (for example Royal Mail to print postage labels, or Mailchimp, the company we use to create and send email newsletters)
- In really rare cases, we might be obliged by law to disclose information - for example, if you're engaged in fraudulent activity.
- Your mates, if you choose to share your fab new purchase on Facebook
People who don't see your information:
- the taxman (all our financial info is numbers only, no names!)
- the postman or your next door neighbour (our postal boxes only have our website name on plus your name and address)
- other websites - though remember that if you follow a link that takes you off our website, we're not responsible for their privacy policies
We won't sell on your details to anybody else and we won't contact you if you've asked us not to.
Do you accept my credit or debit card?
You can pay with any of these:
- Visa Debit
- American Express
Your checkout buttons have the Paypal logo. Do I need a Paypal account?
No. Paypal processes all our sales securely (they are one of the top 5 web payment processing companies) including payment by credit or debit cards. If you have a Paypal account, you can also use that to pay. Some of the biggest retailers use Paypal for their payment processing, such as Argos and ToysRUs.
Is my payment secure?
Yes. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow generally accepted industry standards.
We use Shopify as our eCommerce platform. Shopify handles your credit card data securely by encrypting it using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and storing it with an AES-256 encryption.
Once you have entered your card details into our Shopify website, they are securely transferred to our payment provider, Paypal. You can read all about their security measures on the Paypal site. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and its service providers.
After the sale is complete and payment has been made, your credit card information is deleted. It's only stored for as long as it takes to complete your payment.
Little Goat Gruff doesn't get to see your card details.
I'm not a fan of email, but I do need something to read when I'm feeding the baby at 2am.
I've seen something that I want to buy, but it says it's out of stock.
If something you love is out of stock, let us know by email and we can make sure we order it straightaway. To keep costs down we might usually wait for several items to run out so we can place a larger order with the designer, but just for you we'll get onto it right away. We can have something back in stock for you in a couple of days.
Help! There's a problem with my order and I need to return it.
No problem! Just drop us an email and let us know - we'll get on it straightaway. To return it, put it back into the box we sent it in and tape the box up. All returns should be in the same packaging we sent it in and returned within 7 days of you receiving it. Of course, all clothing should be unworn, all toys un-played-with and everything in its original wrapping with tags. When we receive it, we'll email you to let you know.
How do I post it?
To post it back to us you can send it in one of two ways:
Send it back to us by going to a post office and using a signed for service such as First Class Signed For. This protects you as we can't refund you unless you receive it, and you know that if we've signed for it we've definitely got it! You need to tape a new label over your address and put our return address on it, which you'll find on the packing slip in your box.
If you can't get to a post office, you can use Collect+. This lets you buy and print a returns label at home, you stick it onto the box and drop it off at your local Collect+ point - you can find it here: Find Collect+ Point. They will give you a receipt to show that you posted it.
I'm in Europe.
Please return it using a tracked or signed-for service from your home country so that you have proof that it's arrived back to us.
It's the wrong size.
OK, you can return it and we will send you the right size free of charge.
I just don't like it.
That's OK too, we know that everyone sometimes has second thoughts. Send it back to us and we'll refund you (minus the cost of the postage).
It got broken in the post.
What a shame! Just let us know, send the item back and we'll replace it for you.
I missed the delivery, forgot to pick it up or reschedule delivery and now Royal Mail have sent it back.
We're happy to either re-send it or refund you (minus a £3.95 re-stocking fee).
I have a question that's not covered here. Can I call you? Or email?
Of course, though if you call us after 10pm we might be a little gruff. Email is your best bet - firstname.lastname@example.org - but you can call us on 07535 517889 if you're stuck.
Need more info? You can contact us via:
This is your best bet. Drop us a message to email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you see the live chat box on this website (an orange floating box on the bottom right) then we're online right now. Ask us a question or just say hello.
We're usually on Facebook! Send us a message from our Little Goat Gruff Facebook page.
If all else fails, you can call us : 07535517889 / 07714249687
We don't mind a bit of the ol' snail mail. Send it to:
Little Goat Gruff